Know Your World
Dated: 15th May, 2017
Purpose Of Information Collected
KYW is striving at all times to ensure a full range of relevant content in an engaging, feature-rich environment that performs well and is intuitive to use. We’re continually working to make our Services even better. In order to do that we need to collect statistical and transactional data that can then be analyzed to ensure that we have adequate insights into the interests of our users. This assists KYW in determining new content and providing focused advertising services, which is critical in continuing to keep most of our Services free of charge.
Information That We Collect
Information that you explicitly provide to us:
- When you purchase goods or services from us, you give us your name, address, and billing information that may include your credit card data.
- When you otherwise contact us, providing information directly.
Information that we collect as you use the Services:
- When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information on how you interact with the website, the apps, and other services including the content that you view, and searches that you conduct using cookies and similar technologies.
- When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information on how you access the website, the apps, and other services including your browser, operating system, IP address, and the website from which you accessed our Services.
How KYW Uses Information Collected
We use information that we collect in providing you Services you use or request. For instance:
- If you sign up for newsletters or alerts, we will use your email address to deliver them to you.
- If you ask us to remember your login information, we’ll use information stored in cookies when you return to our Services.
- If we notice that you are accessing certain subject matter with our Services, we might show you related advertising from ourselves, our vendor partners, or other third parties.
- If we receive information that our Services aren’t working properly, we may use that information to address the problem.
How KYW Shares Information Collected
- We may share personally identifiable information with select business partners, who may use your information for a variety of purposes, to include providing you advertising that is determined to be of interest to you.
- We may share information in response to legal inquiries or when necessary to protect our Services when it is our belief that:
- It is necessary to respond to lawful government requests or legal process (e.g., court order, search warrant, subpoena).
- The information is relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed.
- An emergency exists that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person.
- It is necessary to protect the rights or property of KYW.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers can be configured to send a “do not track” signal to websites and other online services to which it connects. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when such a signal is received. At this time, KYW takes no action in response to these signals. This policy could be revisited when and if a standard for responding to such signals is established.
Our Commitment To Security
Nobody can reasonably guarantee the security of your information. We do, however, employ a variety of safeguards to do all that we can to protect against the access or disclosure of your information. For instance:
- Storing your data in secure platform facilities.
- Using HTTPS encryption when you authenticate on and use facilities to purchase goods and services.
- Limiting access to your information by employees who need such access to perform their jobs.
- Provide company-wide training on privacy and data security.
KYW is based in the United States of America (USA). Regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the USA. Any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with USA privacy laws, regulations, and standards. This may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Services or by providing us with your information, you therefore consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the USA.